Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Simple Life .....


I wouldn’t bother your head by such things 
as “sins of the fathers”, 
nor even about “spiritual warfare”. 

Life is so simple when it is only and always 
just HE as me. 
You ARE Christ in your form, 
and then all that comes to you, 
like your husband losing his job, 
has come to Christ as you. 

So you are right when you say life
is just constant good practice 
in recognising and often ‘feeling’ the dark, 
but then, not fighting it, 

(that’s the danger of “spiritual warfare”, 
for He finished that battle at Calvary), 

and so while we recognise those outer assaults 
on our emotional-soul life, 
we then say, 

“That’s not me. 

That’s Satan getting at me to respond 
as if I am an independent me. 

But I’m NOT. 

I’m Christ as me, and HE is perfect”.



Norman P. Grubb



No comments:

Post a Comment