Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some lines from "Do Christians Still Have a Sinful Nature" by Ryan Rufus




http://newnaturepublications.com/


Our sinful nature circumcised by Christ, (i.e. cut off and thrown away, dead and buried)(Col.2:11).
The sinful nature can't re-vive,
so the idea that I have to keep dieing to it (e.g. taking up my cross) is untrue;
it is not there at all to battle against my Spirit created New self (2Cor5:17).
I can't be seduced by a Yin Yang theology of good me versus bad me, any more.
We participate in the divine nature (2Pet1:4)
Sinful nature can't enter Heaven.
(Ro6:7) any one who has died with Jesus is freed from sin nature.
Trust the Word of Jesus = Truth,
now, I know by Holy Spirit revelation 
that my sinful nature has been crucified with Jesus on that cross.

Anthropos (Grk) is my old inner self which was born dead to Jesus.
My old inner self was controlled by the sinful nature that believed the father of lies.
The sinful nature found even greater control of the old inner self under Mosaic Law.

The old man (old inner self) needed to be killed so the "body of sin" (sinful nature) could be destroyed. (R6:6) i.e. The parasite (sinful nature) can't survive if the fallen old inner self is dead.
I am raised with Christ, as a newly created inner self,
by the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead.

Sarx (grk) can mean sinful nature and it can also mean the human body, so its context is all important.
Galatians 5 says that my body (sarx) has NO control over my Renewed Spirit but my Renewed Spirit is freed so that the Spirit can produce fruit. This is because the sinful nature (sarx) with its lusts has been crucified with Jesus (5:24).

Dividing the Word of Truth includes understanding which references are speaking to our position as PRE-Renewed or POST-Renewed.
Wrong thinking on the positioning of my POST-Renewed self will give too much power to the appetites of my natural body rather than the power of the Spirit. This will deceive me into thinking I still have a sinful nature to battle.
Focusing on the desires of the body can lead to temptation which, uncontrolled, might lead to sin which is evil. (Ja.1:14)

Falling into sin can still happen to the Spirit Renewed self.

This sin is not a result of a sinful nature but a mind still re-newing.
(Be reminded, Adam did not have a sinful fallen nature before he believed the devil's lie.)  
Jesus has supplied forgiveness, forever, for our sin and its consequences,
for those wanting to be in His Joy.
The fruit of control is one happy consequence of focusing one's desire in the The Spirit of Jesus.
Being tempted to sin does not mean we have a sinful nature.
It is a consequence of living in this present fallen world.

The born again me, now has a choice to be "body led", "mind led" or "Re-newed Spirit led" in this world.
1Cor3:1-4 - Paul wants to address them as spiritual but they are worldly (sarkinos (grk) = fleshly without the sinful nature). Paul thinks their jealousy and quarreling actually identifies them as mere worldly (sarkikos = fleshly still with the sinful nature) men - - - Paul, the provocateur!!!

After the cross of Christ, God Almighty is never mad at you, but He is always mad about you!
We have His abundant provision of Grace Ro5:7
We are saved by His Gift, (not self-achieved) to us, of Grace. Eph2:8
We are justified freely by His Grace. Ro3:24
We stand at Peace with God through His Grace. Ro5:2
We are righteous only through His Grace. Gal.2:21

Grace always reigns over sin, no matter how much sin there is. Ro5:21
His Gift of Grace makes us righteous to Him no matter what.
The unforgivable sin is not allowing the Holy Spirit to draw one into being saved, in the first place.
Once I am born again, I can stop worrying that I might commit an unforgivable sin.
The heart of the Christian in the Gospel of Grace is knowing that sin is foreign to the renewed nature, not wishing it could sin because it might get away with it.
One who uses Grace to justify a lifestyle of sin is not born again.
True Grace justifies the sinner not the sin.
Greasy grace justifies the sin not the sinner.
True Grace says I CAN live free from sin even though I might sin.
I am dead to sin so why let it continue its harassment.

Grace doesn't make me not sin, Grace gives me the power to escape and live free from sin.
Sin is not my master because i am not under law but under Grace.
The Law expects me to produce fruits to prove my righteousness.
Grace says because I am righteous, I can bare fruits.
Now, God is not responsible for my negative actions,
devil is not responsible for my negative actions,
sinful nature is not responsible for my negative actions,
[I enjoy being responsible for my actions (blaming another is cheap) and 
Holy Spirit is my Helper/Comforter Who never condemns me to suffer under any sin.]
+
+square brackets [ ] indicate my notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment