Monday, April 4, 2011

Peter -do you think he was crucified upside down ?



Jesus says :
"I'm telling you the very truth now:
"When you were young you dressed yourself and went wherever you wished,
but when you get old you'll have to stretch out your hands while someone else dresses you
and takes you where you don't want to go."
He said this to hint at the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God." (msge John 21)

To me, if Peter is martyred, that sounds like he is at least old when it occurs;
or, he dies at an old age, with others required to take care of him (nursing home style ha ha).

Peter says :
"I know that I'm to die soon; the Master has made that quite clear to me.
And so I am especially eager that you have all this down in black and white so that after I die,
you'll have it for ready reference." (msge 2Peter1:12)

There is debate about when this letter was written.

The Bible does not tell us how or when Peter died,
and history does not provide us with any (reliable) information.

+
+
+

No comments:

Post a Comment