Friday, April 1, 2011

Paul - how did he leave this Earth - it would be nice if he was translated !

I was snatched from the jaws of the lion! 
God's looking after me, keeping me safe in the kingdom of heaven. 
All praise to him, praise forever! Oh, yes!
2Timothy 4:18

Paul is arrested in 58 AD by Roman troops who save him from being killed in a temple riot.
He is taken to Caesarea where he spends a little more than two years in prison.

In 60 A.D. Paul as prisoner is taken to Rome
When his case is heard he is acquitted in the Spring of 63 A.D.

Paul is back in a Roman prison in the city of Rome in 67 A.D.

When Paul writes again to Timothy,
He wants them to get there before winter with his coat, books and parchments. (2Timothy 4:13, 21).

Paul is deserted (2Timothy 1:15; 4:10) except for

Luke (2 Tim.4:11),

and such faithful ones as live in Rome ... (2Timothy 4:21). 

Paul hopes that Timothy may come and bring Mark also (2Tim.4:11).

Timothy did come and was put into prison for a while (Heb13).

"You'll be glad to know that Timothy has been let out of prison."

Jesus stood by Paul, in visible presence:

"That night the Master appeared to Paul: 
"It's going to be all right. 
Everything is going to turn out for the best. 
You've been a good witness for me here in Jerusalem. 
Now you're going to be my witness in Rome!"(Acts23:11)

"the Master stood by me 
and helped me spread the Message loud and clear 
to those who had never heard it."(2Timothy 4:17).

Paul knows the end is going to be great ... 2Timothy 4:6-8

"I've run hard right to the finish, believed all the way. 
All that's left now is the shouting—God's applause! .... 
He'll do right not only by me, but by everyone eager for his coming."

Earlier, Paul shows he had a choice to stay or go to Jesus. Phil.1:23"

"If I had to choose right now, I hardly know which I'd choose. 
Hard choice! 
The desire to break camp here and be with Christ is powerful.
Some days I can think of nothing better. 
But most days, because of what you are going through, 
I am sure that it's better for me to stick it out here."

The Bible does not tell us how or when Paul died,
and history does not provide us with any (reliable) information.

That Paul was beheaded or crucified is only speculation.
+
+
+

No comments:

Post a Comment