Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hey mate, you gotta few dollars for a drink ?

I was walking into a shopping centre to get some groceries.
A big bloke fixed his eyes on me.
He looks a bit out of it;
he's doin an assess on me rather than an aggress, i thought.

"G'day mate" I said.
"Hey mate, you gotta a few dollars for a drink?" He asked.
"What's that, mate?"
"Need a few dollars for a drink .... "
This guy is up front, i thought, usually it is disguised as money for food !
"Aww, i couldn't support you on that, mate !"
"Hey, i don't mean that sort of drink." he informs me.

"oh, OK, look, i'll buy you one when i get my groceries, you just wait here till i get back."
I went off then realised i hadn't asked him what sort of drink he likes.
"Fanta, i like Fanta."

He's standing there when I get back.
The top comes off, he is drinking it immediately.
We introduce ourselves, exchange a few sentences.
I pat him on the shoulder, wish him a good day, give him a little food and leave.
In the distance, I saw him sitting down to eat, he seemed in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment