Monday, March 8, 2010

Infected ear canal healed by holding to Jesus’ love for me.

 
a little of the gunk that came out (sorry for that view, ha ha)

I went for a surf Sunday 7th march 2010 in the afternoon after the east coast queensland tsunami warning.
I routinely (the last few years) put eardrops (aquaear) in my ears because I had a history of developing ear canal infections, when my ear canals retained water.
This has been occurring since surfing Sydney in the early 70s (maybe a bug from polluted water there).
Last week, even tho I’d put aqua ear drops in before and after surfing, 
I developed an ear infection which became very apparent by Thursday. 
Now, due to many years of suffering ear infections, the usual development is that the infection gets worse and more painful (no matter how i clean and self medicate it) until I’m forced to go to the doctor to get a script for a pharmaceutical anti-biotic. 
Even with the antibiotic the recovery would take days of correct treatment.
So, Thursday I woke up, my body was under attack and I was feeling quite sub-ordinary in spirit. 
In the last few years, The Holy Spirit has moved me into an understanding of the power of Jesus’ atonement at the whipping post, for our sicknesses, 
that is, our healing is not a reward for our goodness as Christians but it IS about His sacrifice for us 
(by His stripes you WERE healed). 
I prayed a less than lively prayer Thursday morning but by Friday I knew I had a physical and spiritual battle to take authority over (I did not entertain thoughts of medical relief, this is my Grace story).  

I rebuked the infection in Jesus name and reminded my self of the wonderful relationship I have with the Son of God. 

Through Saturday I knew the devil and his infection were defeated; and i was allowing my Spirit to be more lively. 
On Sunday morning my ear was only slightly painful in response to heavy touch. 
At church, a maori pastor ministered and at the end of his word, he was doing healing in response to needs revealed to him by The Spirit. One was that the person with the ear infection is healed. 
Although I knew Jesus had healed me physically it was a wonderful affirming that The Holy Spirit was lifting me even more in my mind and Spirit; it was good and God is good. 
By Monday my ear was completely clear with no pain even to heavy touch; thank you Daddy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment