Thursday, October 6, 2011

Brennan Manning - All is Grace

"Some have labeled by my message one of "cheap grace". 
In my younger days, their accusations were a gauntlet thrown down, a challenge. 
But I'm an old man now and I don't care...
My life is a witness to vulgar grace-
a grace that amazes as it offends." -Brennan Manning
 

I just did a search for Brennan Manning in itunes. There are 9 podcasts and 16 lectures available to download for FREE. His lecture series at our church has really blessed me and his voice makes his words come to life. His passion cannot come through the written page like it does through his voice. I just wanted to pass that along. - Jill Sonnek(Facebook)
"We should be astonished at the goodness of God, stunned that He should bother to call us by name, our mouths wide open at His love, bewildered that at this very moment we are standing on holy ground." — Brennan Manning (The Ragamuffin Gospel)
 Author of :
All is Grace
Lion and Lamb: The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus
The Ragamuffin Gospel 
The Importance of Being Foolish 
The Furious Longing of God
+++
" I wish for you the awakening I experienced many years ago during a spiritual sojourn in the Saragossa Desert in Spain. One night I went to the chapel to pray. The world was asleep, but my heart was awake to the Lord and I stood at the crucifix for a long time. 
Then in faith, I heard Jesus Christ say,

"For love of you, 
I left my Father's side and I came to you,
who ran from Me,
who fled Me,
who did not want to hear My Name.
For love of you, I was covered with spit and punched
and beaten and fixed to the wood of the cross."

I figuratively saw blood streaming from every wound
and every pore in Christ's body.
And I heard the cry of His Blood,

"This isn't a joke.
It is not a laughing matter to Me that I Loved you."

The longer I looked, the more I realized that no man has ever loved me,
and no woman could ever love me, as He DOES.

I went out into the darkness and shouted into the night,

"Jesus, are You crazy?
Are You out of Your Mind to have loved me so much?""

(from The Ragamuffin Gospel)

http://brennanmanning.com/

Close your Eyes
Drop into the Centre of your Grace Being
Make a profound act of faith in the indwelling presence of Jesus
within your heart
and now simply let yourself be Loved
as you ARE and not as you should be.

+++


 

No comments:

Post a Comment